As the icy temperatures of the new year take hold, our friends at Portrait Coffee have created a unique winter cocktail for us to share with you. This drink may be enjoyed best with a frosty chill in the air or a roaring fireplace in the background - but we think it will warm your spirits anytime throughout the year. The Portrait Coffee team explored what attributes in liquor would pair best with the smooth, well-rounded cup of coffee that a Moccamaster is famous for. The hazelnut & caramel attributes from Toni coffee blended well with the sweet citrus & florality found in the vermouth & amaretto. Serve & enjoy this drink as the perfect treat for your next winter gathering.
- 1.5 oz vermouth (preferably a sweet Italian)
- 1.5 oz amaretto
- 2 oz brewed coffee (we recommend Toni)
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Orange peel
- Moccamaster Coffee brewer
- Cocktail shaker & strainer
- Coupe glass
- Combine vermouth, amaretto, and bitters in cocktail shaker. Once coffee is settled to room temperature, add 2 oz of coffee to shaker and then add ice.
- Shake lightly in cocktail shaker for 20 seconds and proceed to strain in coupe glass.
- Garnish with orange peel & enjoy!